There are lots of reasons why a workshop is a great place to learn:-
- Learning as a group is fun - you're often not the only one stuck on something, you can ask questions of other group members and you can support each other through any tricky bits and encourage each other.
- You get a professional tutor who can start you off with no bad habits and who can encourage you to find your own comfy spot.
- The group is small - only 6 people, so you'll get lots of one-to-one attention if you want it.
- On these courses all the materials are included so you don't have to worry if you've not got the 'right' yarn or hook or needles.
- You'll learn a life skill that can be creative, extravagant, economical, solitary, sociable, charitable, stress reducing and health inducing!
Finishing Techniques - Sunday 4th November, 10am - 4pm, £35
Aimed at knitters who would like to give their knitting a professional finish. If you hate sewing up, or are always disappointed with the look or fit of your finished projects, this workshop is for you. You'll find out how to measure yourself and choose your fit and how to adjust your tension. You'll find out about blocking, invisible seaming, shaping techniques and picking up stitches and many more tips and techniques.
You will need approx 100gms of DK weight yarn in any colour (best to avoid dark colours such as black or navy), 2 sets of 4mm knitting needles, scissors, sewing up needle (for knitting) and a tape measure. You do need to a very small amount of homework in advance. You can collect your homework sheet when you book!
Learn to Crochet - Sunday 25th November, 10am to 4pm, £45
Are you a beginner crochet or someone who hasn't picked up a hook in years? This workshop is for you! You'll learn how to hold the hook and yarn, basic stitches, changing colour, understanding terminology and working in the round. You will make a pretty colourful cloth or crochet hook case.
The cost of the workshop includes yarn , a crochet hook and a wool needle.
Toe - Up Socks - Sunday 2nd December, 10am to 4pm, £45
Aimed at those who want to knit socks. If you can follow a pattern, knit, purl, increase and decrease then you can do this class! You can knit a sock in a day! You will learn how to knit a chunky cable sock using 2 circular needles from the toe up, the best toe up cast on and cast off methods, cables without a cable needle and short row heels. All these skills are easily transferable to other types of socks.
The cost of the workshop includes yarn, circular needles and a wool needle!
If you'd like to book a place please pop into the shop or give us a call (01333 312 042)