We're still hoping to have one more workshop - Intermediate Crochet. Details will soon follow... it will likely be a hat and on a Monday...
We've added 3 new workshops this time -
Beginners Socks - knit a 4ply sock cuff down and try out different ways of knitting them using double pointed needles and circulars. This workshop is great for first time sock knitters and those that want to improve their techniques. All materials provided!
First Steps in Lace - learn how to make holes on purpose. You'll make a pair of fingerless mitts using a 4ply wool. Learn how to make decorative decreases, read a chart and block your lace. All materials provided!
Shadow & Modular Knitting - shadow knitting is a simple technique where the design appears and disappears depending on the angle at which it is viewed. Learn how to do this by making small blocks AND then learn how to join them using log cabin and modular techniques to make a cushion! These skills are easily scaleable - you could go on to make a blanket too.
We're also having another Finishing Techniques, First Steps in Fair Isle and a Learn to Crochet too.
Spaces are limited to 6 on each workshop - please call the shop if you want to attend. Its best to do it soon!
Read more about the workshops here!
Remember there are lots of reasons to come to one of our workshops...
- Learning as a group is fun - you're often not the only one stuck on something, you can ask questions of other group members and you can support each other through any tricky bits and encourage each other.
- You get a professional tutor who can start you off with no bad habits and who can encourage you to find your own comfy spot.
- The group is small - only 6 people, so you'll get lots of one-to-one attention if you want it.
- On these courses all the materials are included so you don't have to worry if you've not got the 'right' yarn or hook or needles.
- You'll learn a life skill that can be creative, extravagant, economical, solitary, sociable, charitable, stress reducing and health inducing!